Dear, Princess Dear, Princess

This flash is well made. I did catch that there was something metaphorical going on about halfway through but didn't catch exactly what until I read the description afterward.

My problem with it is that the story pulls no punches at all. At a minimum it should have done something to reveal that "the prince" was Jesus at the end. As is, the list of things that are going to happen is pretty obvious from the moment you see the princess writing a letter, and absolutely nothing happens outside of the default course.

Without ANY particular event to trigger a particular response, the potential for an emotional response that the rest of the story builds up just never comes at all.

As a more minor nitpick, describing Jesus as physically attractive runs counter to the metaphor - following Him is generally not appealing on a superficial level.

exninja123 responds:

thank you for the review! :)
btw, when i said Jesus was "beautiful" i was refering to beauty beyond the phyiscal attractiveness.
and i agree with you on the following Jesus part, it's because Jesus is so great and we as humans are so messed up that following him will show our ugly nature
but i gotta say, the experience of it all is pretty beautiful :)

The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

Thoght provoking

At first I was expecing the movie to turn into a joke at any second.. but it's actually pretty serious stuff.

The overall presentation could have been better / more persuasive, but if it drives the point home for even one person, I'm reasonably certain that the amount of man-hours it saves would match that taken to produce this movie.

what up hEdLesS what up hEdLesS

Suggestion:

This episode takes a long time to get going - there was a while that I thought it was broken. You should put a disclaimer in the episode's description saying to be patient after the loading screen.

Anyway, the head gear comment is amusing, the rest is pretty typical.

There She Is!! step4 There She Is!! step4

Best flash movie ever. Probably best cartoon ever.

There really is no limit to how much praise I have for this.

Pay close attention to all the details in this movie as you watch it. Everything flows together artistically in a way that is not matched by ANY other flash animation, not even the other ones in this series. In fact, I would venture to say that nothing short of a multi-million dollar, full length motion picture comes close to it, even among those only like one movie reaches this caliber per year.

Let's look at just a few of the details that make this shine:

Panning. Pan right, pan right, pan right, then everything falls apart and zips left as the cat reverts to a previous . Later, Who knew just scrolling could be so artistic?

Backgrounds are natural, but active. When something shocking happens, the background actors jump. When the world is unfriendly and scary, the background is too, and it all adds up.

Notice the use of color. Most of the movie is greyscale, and this allows simple things like the replacement of a green scarf with a grey one to become symbolic.

The music is perfect for the subject matter, and the cartoon is designed to flow with it excellently.

I know this episode is never going to match Final Step in score because it is sad, but really, without this episode the whole series becomes just a typical romantic flick. A well done romantic flick, mind you, but Step 4 here really gives the series its teeth and its meaning.

Metal Gill Jawesome Metal Gill Jawesome

It's like one of those terrible collab things..

Only it's all by the same artist, and the individual images aren't actually that bad. The humor's not my style, but it's definitely there, which is a significant step up from those collab things.

2/5 and 5/10 for something I expected to 0. Not bad. I recommend working on animation.. some more tweens or some other method to make the animations smoother would go a long way toward making your flash less of an eyesore.

Attracted Attracted

Better than most stick figure things

A lot more interesting than the typical stick figures fighting animations out there. With the creativity and patience shown in making this animation, you should aim toward making things better than plotless stick figure brawls.

Stone-Steven responds:

not gonna happen :]

Street Fighter Collab Street Fighter Collab

Not funny

One of the bar scenes was pretty well done, but the rest was uninspired. A lot of it was visually unappealing, too. How is it that these collab things get such high scores when the majority of their contents are so bad?

Also, I'm not so keen on achievements being attached to a movie. I suppose putting up with the scenes for long enough to find all the clickable things would be a bit of an achievement, but where's the skill?

Brawl Funnies [Dick 1] Brawl Funnies [Dick 1]

Pretty much what other people have said

The first clip was pretty cool and would have gotten a good rating from me on its own. The rest of the clips were each not funny along with some permutation of the following properties:

Poorly drawn
Uninspired
Poorly recorded
Pointlessly grotesque

For the writers of each of those clips, I suggest taking time to either:
1. Think up dialogue and/or situations that are legitimately funny rather than relying on offensive content to simulate entertainment, or
2. Make an enjoyable multimedia experience with pleasing graphics and/or music.

Whoever put together the first one should have subitted his/her work on his/her own and avoided this disaster of a production. I was kind of expecting one of the later clips to randomly match the first one's quality, but no dice. Worse, the movie failed to identify which artist is associated with each clip, so I don't even know whose work was the respectable one!

WALL-E & R.O.B. WALL-E & R.O.B.

Cute

I loved Wall-E's expressions. Well done.

Watch the lighting. Your presence in the area casts random shadows in each frame, so either you need to be in exactly the same location when the camera takes the picture or you need to be out of the area completely. The constant strobing was an eyesore.

Mario Control Mario Control

Cute

LOL at ending.

The "dragging around in between fingers" bit wasn't believable, while the other portions were well done.

Unfortunately, the video repeats itself, though the animation and music do not - I'd suggest looking into fixing that.